Your wedding doesn’t have to be traditional. From complex etiquette rules (such as the number of bridesmaids and groomsmen needed) to the color of the bride’s gown, most of the "laws" governing weddings are much more relaxed these days.
Your wedding cake is no exception to the rule. You can choose a cake that is as traditional or as unconventional as you want – but, if you’re leaning more towards the traditional route, these flavors are very popular!
Inspiration for your wedding cake decision:
- Vanilla: probably the most common and beloved wedding cake flavor. It’s a safe choice from all points of view. Everybody loves it, so you "can't miss" with this choice!
- Lemon: a bit more unconventional, but still on the traditional side. Lemon cakes are great for summer weddings – precisely because they are so refreshing and tasty.
- Chocolate: sure, it's not traditionally associated with weddings – but it can be and has been done (either for the wedding cake itself or for the groom’s cake). A good, moist chocolate cake is hard to resist!
- White chocolate: for chocolate enthusiasts who want to stick to “white” for the wedding, this is a really great and delicious option.
- Red velvet: popular due to its amazingly vibrant color, red velvet cake makes for a romantic and beautiful choice – especially when paired with frosting and filling that complement both the color and flavor of the batter. Yum!
If you're looking for amazing wedding vendors in North Carolina, check out The Carolina Weddings Show. Wedding professionals are here to help you create a fabulous and flawless wedding day! Make us part of your love story!
Photo source: flickr.com/lauralbg